Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Let's just talk about a few things that have been on my mind in regards to the new year..

1. After pregnancy body...
For the record I am a few pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant. HOWEVER... I went up a size.. because of these lovely wider motherly birthing hips. I must admit they are pretty convenient for hoisting a baby around but they also make more a lovely muffin top. No bueno.
STRETCH MARKS.. everywhere. Come on.. I had them BEFORE I was pregnant it's just not fair that I got them doubly bad when pregnant. What a sick joke.
Flabby belly.. it was no six pack before but it's very fluffy now.

For the first month after Kenzie, I really hated looking at myself. Like REALLY hated. I know it seems so vain. The stretch marks on my stomach were almost cute with a pregnant belly but with a flabby after baby belly... not so much. I didn't want Jason to see them & then thinking about the Summer made me cringe to think about getting a new bathing suit.

And although I can't get rid of these "stripes" that I now proudly wear after going through a pregnancy and birth of Kenz... I still can't help but to feel the need to be better.

GOAL #1 - work out 2-3 times a week (this is a big deal)
GOAL #2 - Eat healthier (a REALLY big deal) - This is going to be hard because cheeseburgers and fries are pretty much my favorite.

Disclaimer: These 2 goals will start next week as I plan to be extremely glutinous when we go visit family in Seattle

GOAL #3 - Be more productive
It's been a bit of adjustment being a stay at home mom. Most days I'm lucky to have showered or brushed my teeth. My goal is to have things planned.. walks with the baby.. lunch dates.. mommy play dates. I always feel much better when I get up and do things... so I need to commit to that.

Goal #4 - Be a homeowner.. this is in the works as we speak.. hopefully it works out. I can't wait to have our own place. We have been so blessed to stay at my in-laws for the past 3 years but with Jason finishing school in a few months it will be great to have our own place :)

Goal #5 - Read the B of M -- I'm embarassed to say I don't think I have read the Book of Mormon the WHOLE WAY THROUGH. Lucky for me our Sunday School class is studying the B of M this year. So if I stick to the weekly schedule I will be successful.

Goal # 6 - Take more pictures. I always say I don't look presentable for pictures. But with Kenzie I'd rather have some pictures than none.


That's it .. my 2012 goals. What are your goals?

2 comments:

  1. awhh., i think you are so pretty, and your family is beautiful! Good luck with your resolutions, hope you had fun in WA! Kick some booty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there!
    thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I hear ya on the body after baby. it's hard not to beat ourselves up but all you can do is your best to take care of yourself, right?! good luck with your goals, mine are very similar. :)

    ReplyDelete