Sunday, January 22, 2012

{Sicky = Banana Bread}


Here in the Morris household we have been sick... the baby & myself that is. It's been awful. 

I can't sleep at night.. around 1am I realized I wasn't going to get to sleep anytime soon. Bring on  scrubbing the kitchen floor and counter. It felt pretty good. Hubby stayed up with K when she woke up around 2:30am (conveniently when I decided to climb in bed) after I made sure she was good and fed.
Then he was even such a nice guy to take her to church with him while I actually got uninterrupted and much needed I might add 3 hours of straight sleep. I also must add that our baby girl was so freakin' adorable in her little tutu dress. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture.. but trust me.. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!
I was feeling pretty 'domestic' and put together a crockpot meal for dinner. AND I even made banana bread from scratch. 
I got the recipe here but I halved it because 
1) I will be alone all week & don't need to eat a whole loaf by myself 
2) We only had 1 cup of bananas
I also only baked my bread for about 30 mins & I may have gone a little heavy on the brown sugar :)

       {Banana Bread}

  • 2 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups of mashed banana
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the eggs, mashed banana,vanilla and cinnamon until well blended. Add the flour mixture and mix, by hand, until it's just moistened. Pour batter into pan.
  3. Bake for 1 hour @350. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
  4.  

So try it and let me know what you think!
Do you have a yummy banana bread recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment