Wednesday, January 18, 2012

{Recipe: Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings}

I first had these while visiting my Aunt Nadine on Easter.  
Did I mention she was camping? Of course her idea of camping is the same as mine... in a trailer, a nice trailer. We had them again last week and I knew that I was hooked. 

 INGREDIENTS (this is for serving size of 2-4)
- 1 can pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1-3 granny apples
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 can of mountain dew

1. Grease a small pan
2. Peel and cut up apples
3. Roll apples into crescents - Place in two rows on greased pan
4. Melt butter & mix in sugar and cinnamon
5. Pour butter mixture over crescents
6. Open Mountain Dew & pour over the top


Pop these bad boys in the oven for about 30-45 minutes at 350F
Enjoy over a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.


I looked online & there are several variations of this dish. 

I felt a little guilty about the amount of sugar so I cut down on the amount a bit. Obviously, if you have a larger family you can double the recipe (although I would still only use 1 can of Mountain Dew).

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! I bet those are SO delicious! But def a guilty pleasure dish for sure! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOOOH!these look interesting!
    Will have to try out this recipe!
    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete