Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Goodbye 2011

This has been a great year for The Morris Family and we can't wait to see what 2012 will bring.
- I finished school and earned my Associates of Science Degree in Veterinary Technology
- I got my first job at a veterinarians office
- We found out we were prego
- We found out we were having a girl :)
- Redecorated a room for the baby
- We had our beautiful Kenzie Lee
- Jason's photobooth business continued to thrive
- Jason is down to ONE more semester of school
- We put a bid in on our FIRST house.. fingers crossed

With the good also came the trials..
- We lost my Nana at the beginning of the year
- Kenzie had high levels of jaundice and it was traumatizing for me to have to see her in pain when they drew her blood EVERY day for a week. Now I know what people mean when they wish they could take the pain of their children away. So devastating for me. I know it's super common for newborns but it really broke my little heart.
-Being a Mom.. this is a blessing and a trial.
A trial because I often feel that I'm not doing "things" right..
Am I feeding her enough? Does she need to be on a strict schedule? Why does she have cradle cap? Should I let her cry it out? Is it okay to give her some formula?
I hope I'm not the only one. I am just now starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of it.

We really have been blessed this year and hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
xoxo
The Morris Family

2 comments:

  1. I think every new mom feels the way you do. I know I did. Sometimes I still do. I felt so guilty the first time I gave Milo formula and now that is all he gets and he seems to be doing fine haha. Don't worry you are normal for feeling all those things. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so dang cute! happy new year! I just sent you an e-mail! :]
    -kar

    ReplyDelete