Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Where To Go From Here

I have been blessed greatly throughout my life...

a family who supports my decisions
the gospel
strong friends
good job opportunities
education
a loving, caring & VERY understanding husband

.... yet somehow I feel so lost ... let me explain

I have been in school for 3 years... 2 classes away from finishing my GE's.. and I don't want to.
I have NO IDEA what I want to major in.. what I want to do for the rest of my life...

NO IDEA

It's very frustrating. Here are some of my crazy ideas... some not so crazy.

- Real Estate
- Vet Tech (no $$ but very rewarding)
- Communications (not sure what I would do with this)
- Nursing?? (Everyone's doing it)

In reality, what I would love to do is start a non-profit animal rescue. Like I have said previously I am volunteering for a Golden Retriever Rescue and it breaks my heart when I have to do shelter visits.. and have to say "sorry, you're not a golden.." too ALL of the dogs.. this happens about every visit and once in a blue moon I get to pull one from the shelter. I want to make a difference in animals lives. Some say it's silly... but I can't explain how drawn I am to this.


Anyways, my husband puts up with my antics and for that I feel blessed. I just wish I could find a balance between 'nutty dog lady' and a career bound woman.

Sorry to rant... and if anyone understand what I'm going through.... ADVICE PLEASE?!?!?!

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand how you feel! It took me forever to figure out what I wanted to do. My advice would be to look at all the classes that you've taken and see which ones you enjoyed the most. If you want to do the animal shelter thing then you should go for it. Go for the thing that you love and that makes you happy! I hope you find your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Chels, I'm right there with ya! Sorta. You're still in school and headed in the right direction. I, however, have no clue when I'll be able to return and finish my degree. Imagine how frustrating that is! I think the non-profit animal rescue idea is fantastic and you should totally go for it if you really want to. Find something you enjoy doing and go with that. It doesn't matter how much money you make as long as you enjoy what you do and are happy doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chelsea! You should be a Dental Hygentist! The money is good and so are the hours! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is the way I view things:

    1. School is way too pricey to pursue something you are not completely interested in.
    (however GE classes are an investment since they can go towards just about anything.)
    2. There will ALWAYS be ways to make more money no matter what field you decide to work in.
    3. I have had a lot of people in my Master's program who were making major career changes because they had spent their lives doing things just for a paycheck. They returned to school because they knew they needed something more. I say start young doing the things you love and you will figure out how to use that work to make you money.

    I hate making big life-changing decisions. I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete